This Privacy Statement sets out how Smye Rumsby Limited uses and protects your privacy regarding your interaction with ourselves. Being committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and having responsibility as a “data controller” under applicable data protection legislation.
This Privacy statement sets out the basis on which any personal data is collected or provided and processed by Smye Rumsby Limited. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding personal data and how it is treated.
When visiting www.smye-rumsby.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you have any queries about this Policy or how we use your personal information, please contact us using the details at Contact us
If information is provided by which you can be identified, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Koris may update this statement from time to time to clarify certain sections.
Information do we collect
Personal information may be obtained when using our website, enquire about products and services, registering with us, send or receive an email, ask a question or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Social Media
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Why such information is collected
- By creating an account for you is part of our registration process enables us to notify you about changes to our services, maintaining our site’s security and ensuring the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner.
- We use such information to improve our products and services.
- Personal information used for electronic marketing purposes only if legal or consent has been obtained. When agreeing to receive marketing information, you still have the right to opt out at any time by using the contact details at ‘Contact Us’.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting including third party events, products and services using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive, after your agreement. These cookies are perfectly harmless and will have no effect on your system performance, integrity or security. The cookie helps analyses web traffic and allows web applications to respond to you as an individual, improve the quality of our website, or links to emails, or information you have submitted in online web forms.
Smye Rumsby will never share information this information with any third party
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that may be of interest. When using these links, having no control over these websites we are unable to provide the protection and privacy of any information which you provide and is not governed by this privacy statement.
(You should look at the privacy statement applicable to that website).
Your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information, other it may be used by trusted marketing campaign implementation partners and our product vendors when we have received your written agreement or are required do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting with your agreement.
Information is held for no longer than necessary, as set out in our Data Retention Policy. We will retain your information for any period required by law, for example for compliance with HMRC requirements. Where we are not under a legal obligation to retain your information, determining what is necessary by reference to the lawful basis for processing set out above and our legitimate interests.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, incomplete, you require deleting, or require knowing how long your information will be kept. Please email us and we will promptly correct or delete any information found to require changing.
Nominated Data Protection Officer
A named Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Colin Dymott (Financial Director), who is responsibility for our data protection compliance and has the knowledge, support and authority to do so effectively in an event of an investigation into a complaint.