PD985, a new member of the already versatile DMR portfolio from Hytera brings an exceptional digital PD98X-1radio experience with a broad array of enhanced features to improve user efficiency and safety.
Hytera, a world leading solution provider of Professional Mobile Radio communications, has launched its latest DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) handset, the PD985, the flagship professional device at the top of a strong DMR portfolio. The PD985 offers an exceptional audio experience through noise cancellation technology, as well as boasting new features including full duplex calls (*) recording capability via Micro SD card (*) Bluetooth 4.0 for audio or data (*) and single frequency repeater to increase coverage(*). The PD985 will be available in UHF (350-527Mhz), with a VHF version to follow in 2017.
“We are proud to announce the launch of PD985” said G.S. Kok, Senior Vice President of Hytera, “The PD985 is a significant addition to our existing DMR radio portfolio. We have succeeded in adding a series of cutting-edge innovations and designs into this new model to make it a full-featured radio to satisfy customers’ increasing demands in terms of functionality and user experience.”
The addition of the PD985 positions Hytera with the most complete DMR radio portfolio to meet diversified requirements, from simple, reliable and cost-effective handsets (PD3 and PD4 series) to rugged and feature-rich solutions (PD5 and PD6 series), up to the high-end, professional systems radios (PD7, PD9 and X1 series). The whole portfolio offers display and non-display, GPS and non-GPS, UHF and VHF versions to allow customers to select the best handset for their daily operation and mission critical scenarios.
KEY FEATURES OF PD985:
- Full Duplex Call – (Not available at launch. Full Duplex for DMR Tier III due end Q4 2016, Full Duplex for DMR Tier II due end 2017 (both via firmware upgrade). PD985 enables frontline personnel to make full duplex calls between other PD985 radios, PABX, PSTN and mobile phones
- Single Frequency Repeater Mode – (Not available at launch, due end of 2016 (via firmware upgrade). The PD985 is able to use one slot to receive a signal and another slot to transmit it on the same frequency using DMO mode to extend radio coverage.
- Built-in Bluetooth 4.0 – (Not available at launch, due end of 2017 (via firmware upgrade).
- With integrated Bluetooth 4.0, the PD985 not only supports audio transmit, but it will also allow programming via Bluetooth
- Noise Cancellation and 2.5W Audio Output – Maximum 2.5W output speaker and new noise cancelling technology ensures clear and loud voice communication.
- IP68 Protection – Complies with the highest dust and waterproofing standard to confront the harshest environments. The radio continues to function after submersion in fresh water down to 2 meters for up to 4 hours
- Smart Battery – (Not available at launch, due end of 2016 (via firmware upgrade) This feature makes it easier to monitor the battery status, such as battery life time and charging time, and will reduce the charging time.
- Audio Recording via Micro SD card – (Not available at launch, due of 2016 (via firmware upgrade and license key) The PD985 supports up to a 32GB Micro SD card, to record up to 576 hours of digital / analogue audio
* Some of the features will be available via firmware upgrade at a later date.
These radios will be available from Smye-Rumsby by the end of September. Call us to arrange a demonstration and free site survey: 0800 975 6444